Sunday, June 26, 2011

Happy Summer!





It's officially the first weekend of summer so besides a great summer dinner with some great friends I needed to create some fun summer time crafts. I've always wanted to try to create these accordion flowers so I grabbed some of my favorite cardstock and gave it a try.

I used my new flowers to embellish a few ceramic pots and some garland, I had created for Father's Day! 



 To make these fun flowers, start off by cutting strips, mine were 1 1/2 inches wide, but you can make them bigger or smaller depending on the size of the flower you want to make. 
Next I folded the strips into accordion style. 

 Glue one strip side to another to create an accordion circle. Hold the two glue strips and fold the circle inward and hot glue the circle in place. I added a button to the center and viola summertime perfection! 


I joined these parties: 




Tip Junkie handmade projects

0 comments:

Post a Comment