Sunday, June 19, 2011

Andrew's 2nd Birthday ... Under Construction

It's only two months away and Drew's 2nd birthday party is officially underway  My son is in love with Handy Manny and this year we're going to celebrate turning two with a Construction/Handy Manny. We've lovingly dubbed it "Handy Andy" and we are so excited about it. 


My husband and in-laws got into the fun and helped create these construction cone lawn art decorations that will line my driveway. 



To create these adorable cones... we started with, standard plywood that was picked up for $10. My husband cut out a template shape from cardboard and used a jigsaw to cut out the figure. Brian then attached a piece of pvc pipe to the back. (The pvc pipe can then be placed over a stake in the ground and makes them safer and easier to store.) After a quick sanding, my mother-in-law and I were able to paint the cones and viola...a great entryway addition to the party. 








0 comments:

Post a Comment