Thursday, August 4, 2011

Back to School Party!

My dad watches all of my nieces (6,5 & 2), nephew (8) and my son while we work! He's Super Grandpa!! Drew gets to play with his cousins and Grandpa all day which he loves. It makes going to work so much easier. I know he's with someone that loves him as much as I do! 

My dad is incredible, but when summer is ending he's one happy man. He often runs around singing "This is the happiest time of the year"  I know... he's seen the Staples commercial a little too much.

He's finally reached the finish line and this year we are sending another one off to school! Our local school posts the kid's teachers at 5:00 p.m. on the Friday before the new year starts! (Smart...parents can't complain; they just have to show up Monday morning!) 


I love that all the school supplies are so cheap right now, I've certainly stocked up so that I can keep creating at a discount all year long!

I started off with making a pencil flower vase for my niece's teacher. As soon as we find out the teacher's name, we'll add it to the apple! Cameryn is going to pick some flowers from her garden. We can keep refilling the vase throughout the year.  
  Cost was under $3.00 (Glass Vase...$1.00 from Dollar Tree, Pencils (2 packs of 24 on sale $1.00) and an Apple Wooden Decal .59 cents, Ribbon from my stash!)

Since I've been in cupcake tower mode lately ... I thought I'd make one using the same techinque I used for the flower vase!

I also found these great first day of school sign printable on I Heart Naptime. I loved the printables so much, I was able to incorporate them throughout our whole party!

 

I Love Being an Aunt!




0 comments:

Post a Comment