Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Little Mermaid Extravaganza


I had a blast planning my niece's 2nd birthday with my sister. I have an great sister and I love doing anything with her...but planning a party with her...well that's just amazing. Since work has been so hectic lately it was great to melt into a little mermaid planning and help put the world back into perspective. "There are no troubles under the bubbles!"
We chose the Little Mermaid theme and I'm so glad we did... It turned out AMAZING! When we finally decided my sister wanted to make sure it didn't look like we just went to the store and bought a few decorations... and I'm pretty happy to say we accomplished that.
Here is the entry way. Yes my sister did paint it and made her entry way into Tyler's grotto....
My sister decorated the table with pictures of my niece, Tyler throughout the year...little gems in grotto. Soo soo cute!
The weekend before we crafted for over 10 hours making some banners, cupcake toppers, and my favorite cupcake liner flowers. Since we both have incredible husbands who took the kids to my in-laws for a day of go-karting we were able to get so much done, plus the kids had a blast so it was a win for everyone!
I wish I could make these all day long! Seriously, I'm convinced every vase looks better with one of these flowers. I plan on bringing them in to the Easter decor I'm working on and anything else I can slip them into.
My dessert table...I had been dreaming of it for quite some time and my sister let me go crazy. We found some shimmery fabric at Joann's and was so simple to use a little no-sew tape and it was a great backdrop.The cake was made by a friend who in passing told us he used to help his mom bake growing up. Obviously...he did more than help! He was up all night piping and it couldn't have turned out any better. The seashells were molded chocolate. Even better was that it was as delicious as it looked. The letters were glittered foam letters I found at Michael's, some hot glue, ribbon and a wooden dowel made them fantastic! I also created some candies and cupcakes to help add to the table.

Another look at the gorgeous cake. We almost didn't want to cut into it...but it's cake and it was DELICIOUS ...so it was an easy choice.

This was my first attempt at piping (Don't worry I won't quit my day job!) but the cake toppers were so cute and so much fun to make!
Chocolate Covered Pretzels... I actually found them already covered and on sale (Score!) I just drizzled them in a little pink candy.  I think I ate as many as I made. Bad for the diet but I had to eat the mistakes ;)
Little Mermaid ..Thin Mints!
The Lawn Art was handmade and beyond words...


And finally each party goer got to leave with a treasure box of their very own.

So much fun! I can't wait until the next party!

1 comments:

Party Planning Connection said...

You have some great ideas, love the Mermaid theme. We are a nationwide entertainment directory and reach thousands of visitors each week - you can add your business for free and we would love for you to share some of your ideas, party favors, etc. We will link your site if we use any of your ideas/pictures, etc.
Party Planning Connection - www.PartyPlanningConnection.com

Post a Comment