Thursday, April 7, 2011

Barnyard Bash



For my son's first birthday, we had a barnyard theme. I started planning the party when I was still pregnant and I was very happy with the way it turned out.

Here's the invite that I designed. I printed on cardstock lined with a solid color line border and matching envelope. 


My first birthday for my son and I forgot/was running around way too much to grab pictures of all the decorations, which makes me so sad but my mother-in-law was able to grab a few during the day. I did remember to take some pictures of items that I created before the big day, but apologize for the picture quality. 


Here are some Lollipop plants that I planted around the party. 










I chose not to do a pinata at Drew's birthday. Mainly because I have beared witness to just too many pinata accidents or close calls, but I think it's ironic that we take a figure that children love and then have them beat it. So I created a candy bar which the kids thought was great and the adults enjoyed too! I found some glass vases at the dollar store and found the barnyard ribbon from the local craft store. 



These little piggies were a big hit and very tasty! I made them using strawberry marshmallows that I found! I love pink marshmallows!!



I found these great treatboxes and barnyard animal visors from Oriental Trading Company. The visors worked out great since it turned out to be a hot day. 

Here's a picture of the living room. I found these great latex cowhide balloons that were perfect and I was able to decorate all around. I also found some amazing mylar pig and cow balloons. To decorate the outside we went to the local animal feed store and rented some hay bales that made for a great photo op. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment